This component allows the users to search records from a Salesforce object. It also allows multiple selections among answers..
You can create a search on selected standard objects and on custom objects.
Set the maximum number of answers. Putting 0 will allow the mobile user to select an unlimited amount of answers.
Choose the object form Salesforce you want to search. Custom objects are only available in the enterprise.
Choose up the fields to be displayed on the mobile screen.
- Only the first 2 fields are shown when the results are displayed
- User will have to unfold records to see the next fields
- Call component manages 2 fields maximum
If you want to display fields linking to other objects you will have to choose a children field.
Example : If you search Contacts you can display the Industry field from the Account object since both objects are linked inside Salesforce.
Workflow's data are associated with the link record of the workflow once in Salesforce. You can decide to change that link to attach the data to the selected answer of a search component . This setting will override the multivalue setting to set it to 1.
Example: You create a workflow to update opportunities. You set the first question to be a search component and ask the user to select the opportunity to update.
You can create filters to limit or define which records should be available to the user. Some knowledge of how database logic is required to make advanced combination, so if you have doubts, just contact us.
Click on + Add filter to create a new filter and set the different options :
- And/or : will your filter combine with the previous filter or add to it.
- Field : choose the field you want to filter.
- Operator : choose the relation that should be tested between the field and the value you want to test.
- Value : simply the value to be tested, you can choose to enter your own value or choose one the presets.
Values entered manually have to respect SOQL. Here is a link on how to handle dates format.
The presets propose basics SOQL options, but also 2 particular ones :
- Mobile user ID : usually combined with the field Owner cause the value will be the Salesforce ID of the mobile user.
Example : If you filter the contacts to show and choose "owner = Mobile user ID" every user will only see his contact on it's mobile app.
- Other questions answer : if you choose this the field will be tested against the answer that have been given in a previous question.
WARNING! Make sure you select question that appears BEFORE the actual question.
Example : if you filter contacts, you might want to have a first question where the user select an account and the display only the contact linked to that account.
Please see the detailed article on Salesforce actions.
Create only if no answer
The search component is offering an extra settings for the action. You can choose to trigger the create action only if no selection has been made by the user.
Example : You want to design a workflow to update leads OR create new ones, so you don't need to do everything twice. Set your first question as lookup to leads. If the user select a lead, this lead will be updated. If he doesn't then a new lead is created.